WE LIVE UNITED FOR A BETTER EDUCATIONIt’s never too early to begin laying the groundwork for success
Our children are the future of our community. We need to do all we can to set them up for success and that begins with success in school. Studies show that kids who are well prepared when they enter kindergarten are more likely to stay in school.
Those who finish high school are more likely to be employed.
Did you know?
dollars a week ($104) will provide one hour of occupational, speech, or physical therapy to a child in need.
dollars a week ($260) will provide program supplies in an underserved area – low income for one week of spring break activities for 33 girls.
dollars a week ($520) will provide a child from an economically-disadvantaged background or in foster care, the chance to grow and succeed through a week of summer camp.
At United Way of Warren County, we are committed to helping our children and youth achieve their full potential through partnerships and programs that provide opportunities and activities to develop desirable social, emotional, and intellectual tools to attain academic success.
- We provide early childhood education centers to prepare children for kindergarten.
- We assist parents in selecting and accessing appropriate, quality and affordable early childcare that will prepare children to successfully transition to school ready to learn, with a focus on early childhood literacy
- We provide trained and caring mentors to young people who will give them emotional support and guidance that enhances self-esteem and self-control.
- We provide training for youths in citizenship, responsibility, character education and self-reliance preparing them to be responsible citizens and able to make healthy life choices.
- We provide camp experiences to families and youth, from disadvantaged backgrounds, which develop personal and interpersonal skills that will assist youth to positively impact their families, schools and communities
UNITED WAY OF WARREN COUNTY’S SCHOOL READINESS INITIATIVE
Stop Summer Slide
PARTNERS FOR A POSITIVE IMPACT
We partner with local non-profits and organizations who are equally committed to
the success of our children and youth to cultivate positive, lasting change where it matters the most:
where we live.
Give Where You Live. With United Way, your donation stays local to support life-changing efforts happening right here in your own backyard.
Check out what’s happening around our community and discover how you can be a part of it. Sign up for the next United Way of Warren County event.
We deeply value the unique talents and expertise our volunteers bring to the table and always offer many opportunities to share them with our community.